You are welcome to my archangel FAITH blogg

Friday 29 January 2016

BRIGID comes around! INBOLC!

I met someone today in the forrest.
I walk there sometimes as a healing treatment for myself.
To care about myself in my process of healing, to treat my
illness, with love and patience, is the very best way to do it, I think!

On this snowy little path I met her; BRIGID /my own picture



Anyway today I meet someone out there!
A loving female being. Totally transparent!
The wind turned around and I felt spring in the air.
I could also feel a sudden hope, a loving joy, flowing there!
Like meeting a bride, that gives you faith, hope and love
and reassuring you that the days to come in this year 2016
will be filled with really good and positive days!

So who is Brigid?!
She is a part of nature.
A lady of earth, air, wind?!
she comes with spring
the new mission each year
she is upstarter

So I met her today
and I found that she is celebrated at imbolc at febuary 1!

                                                                   A Brigids cross!
                                                         Picture borrowed from Google!


There is a lot to read about Brigid and I borrowed some to read below;


This text below comes from wikipedia.org!

Weather divination[edit]


Snowdrops in the snow
Imbolc was traditionally a time of weather divination, and the old tradition of watching to see if serpents or badgers came from their winter dens may be a forerunner of the North American Groundhog Day. A Scottish Gaelic proverb about the day is:
Thig an nathair as an toll
Là donn Brìde,
Ged robh trì troighean dhen t-sneachd
Air leac an làir.

The serpent will come from the hole
On the brown Day of Bríde,
Though there should be three feet of snow
On the flat surface of the ground.[32]
Imbolc was believed to be when the Cailleach—the divine hag of Gaelic tradition—gathers her firewood for the rest of the winter. Legend has it that if she wishes to make the winter last a good while longer, she will make sure the weather on Imbolc is bright and sunny, so she can gather plenty of firewood. Therefore, people would be relieved if Imbolc is a day of foul weather, as it means the Cailleach is asleep and winter is almost over.[33] At Imbolc on the Isle of Man, where she is known as Caillagh ny Groamagh, the Cailleach is said to take the form of a gigantic bird carrying sticks in her beak.[33]

No comments:

Post a Comment